We recommend participants to travel by public transport in view of the limited number of parking spaces available near Sporthallen Zuid (Burgerweeshuispad 54, 1076 EP Amsterdam). Note: large parts of the city will be closed to traffic on the Sunday of the marathon. Limited tram and bus services operate in the centre of Amsterdam. Participants are advised to take the metro.
Transportation Marathon Expo – Friday 18 en Saturday 19 October
Location: Sporthallen Zuid, Burgerweeshuispad 54, 1076 EP Amsterdam.
The nearest Metro stops are Station Zuid and Amstelveenseweg (lines 50 and 51). The route to the Olympic Stadium and the Sporthallen Zuid sports complex is signposted from here. Check www.gvb.nl for the latest travel updates.
The OV-chipcard has been the only way to access the public transport in Amsterdam. If you still do not have an OV-chipcard, you can buy one at the GVB Tickets&Info locations, dispensers in the metro stations, or at www.GVB.nl. There are also a sales outlet outside the Marathon Expo. For more information: www.GVB.nl.
The Olympic Stadium and Marathon Expo are both within walking distance of Amsterdam Zuid station. Just follow the signs.
Directions to TCS Amsterdam Marathon
Are you coming to the TCS Amsterdam Marathon by bike? Then you can park your bike in the bicycle shed near the Na-Druk-Geluk Bridge (IJsbaanpad side).
Planning to drive to Amsterdam? On Sunday 21 October you can park at:
● Bedrijventerrein ‘Schinkel’ Anthony Fokkerweg, 1059 CM Amsterdam
● Mahler Aaron Coplandstraat 8, 1082 Amsterdam
● RAIPARKING Europaplein 24, 1078 GZ Amsterdam (Take the metro at Europaplein or RAI of walk 2,5K to the Expo)
● P ArenA Burgemeester Stramanweg 130, 1101 EP Amsterdam (Take the metro at ArenA station)
● P Station Noord Nieuwe Leeuwarderweg 25, 1022 Amsterdam-Noord (Take the metro at Noord station)