Please note: hot weather expected
Taking part in the TCS Amsterdam Marathon is fun and healthy. Nevertheless it’s still important to bear in mind the risks. Next Sunday, with temperatures reaching up to 19-20 degrees centigrade it will be a lot warmer than it has been in the past few days. It is therefore important for all participants to read the advice carefully on what to do in warm weather conditions. With that in mind this Dutch video by the Red Cross shows a number of suggestions on what to do if you see a runner in trouble.
We would also like to remind you of the following tips so that you can enjoy the event in a responsible manner.
- On the back of your bib number note down your name, an emergency number and your medical details.
- Wear clothes made of light, breathable and loose material.
- Drink plenty before the run and utilise the care stations along the way
- Know your limits, stop if your body tells you to
- Had a fever this week (<39 degrees), then don’t run
- Determine your risk of sudden cardiac death
- Please let us know if someone else runs with your bib number